Friday, November 5, 2021

Poverty and Homelessness

Sources: 10 facts about homelessness in America – Acton Institute PowerBlog

Downtown Streets Team - Ending Homelessness Through The Dignity Of Work

The homeless represent the most vulnerable portion of Americans living in poverty. Nearly half of all Americans living in the street live in California. 

   There is a concern everyday in our lives with this family member. It involves health affects to some of us. It affects my dad mainly as this is his brother and seeing him concern or talking about this in our family talks, affects us in our daily lives. Its hard not to be able to help someone who refuses it.

The topic I chose is poverty and homelessness. This topic is very personal too me and I barely discuss it with anyone, only with close friends. But because its a project and perhaps I can find better ways to try to help this person out, I will discuss it. Reading others discussions can help me mentally to find a soulition for my family member going through this This social issue affecting me directly is having an uncle who is homeless. My uncle is homeless and its very difficult to talk about this. He became homelesss due to a drinking problem. Many times me and my family have tried to help him we have gone out many times and try to help him out, but he refuses to accept our help. I decided to speak about this because everyone has problems and listening to other discussions can help me understand people's actions more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promoting Sustainable Art and Design

      In a society with rampant consumerism where we create so much waste it is rare to find others or businesses that care about the enviro...